This is a set of 15 kindergarten level reading passages with comprehension questions. They are designed for beginning readers and slowly increase in difficulty as you move through them.
The following features help build reading skills:
• Fluency Practice - Students are encouraged to read the text 3 times. coloring a star each time they read.
• Picture Support - Simple illustrations help provide context.
• Text-Based Questions - Students will refer back to the text to answer three questions per story.
• Sight Words - All passages include common kindergarten sight words.
• Skill Application - Each passage also includes a skill activity such as coloring a picture to match information provided in the story or writing a sight word found in the story.
• Text Talk - Every passage includes a “Talk About The Text” activity. This is designed to encourage parent involvement with the adult asking the child questions about what they read. These questions involve making inferences or interpreting the text in some way.
These passages are designed to be used as homework but can be used in class too with the teacher leading the “Talk About The Text” activity.
Kindergarten Reading Comprehension
RL.K.1, RF.K.3, RF.K.4